I’m not getting Fence alerts
If you've created a fence in the Findster App and aren't getting any notification when your pet breaches them, please follow these steps:
- Be sure the Guardian and the Pet module(s) are connected to each other - the pin of your pet(s) in the map should have the color you previously assigned them on their profile; if it is disconnected / turned off, the pin will have a grey color.
- Make sure your Pet(s) is/are in walking mode (tap on "Start walking" in the Home screen of the Findster App).
- Do not kill the Findster App - simply let it open or running on background.
- Go to Menu ▶ Profile ▶ Settings' tab ▶ Notifications' section ▶ Personalize ▶ be sure the switch is on for the notifications about fences.
- Go to Menu ▶ Fences and be sure the fence you've created has its switch on.
- Be sure the push notifications on your smartphone are on:
- iOS - Settings ▶ Notifications ▶ Findster ▶ Allow Notifications
- Android - Settings ▶ Notifications ▶ Findster ▶ Activate
- If you want to get sound/vibrating alerts and, just make sure both are on in your smartphone settings.
- Finally, see if the fence you've created is large enough to avoid inaccurate notifications and also if the GPS accuracy you're having is good.
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on Pet modules
Have more questions? Contact Us