How to update the GPS data on Findster Duo+
The GPS data of a Findster Duo+ Pet module needs to be updated every 2 hours via internet, in order to acquire a position in a faster and accurate way.
As it happens with other devices that feature a GPS, Findster uses the AssistNow service, which allows the GPS of the Pet module to predict where satellites will be in the sky, reducing GPS acquisition time and increasing the accuracy.
Here's how the Pet module behaves with its GPS data up-to-date and not up-to-date:
- GPS up-to-date: your Pet's position will be very accurate and refreshed in the Map every 5-10 seconds.
- GPS not up-to-date: your pet's position may lack some GPS accuracy and it can take up to 3 minutes to acquire a valid coordinate.
In case you're in a walk:
- Connected to the internet - the GPS update will run in background every 2 hours. You don't need to do anything and your experience won't be interrupted!
- Not connected to the internet - you'll get a message in the Map screen every 2 hours, asking you to connect your smartphone to the internet and to get close to the Pet module, in order to update its GPS data.
- The connection range and GPS accuracy I should expect for Findster Duo+
- How to update the GPS data on Findster Duo+
- How to change the map type for Findster Duo+
- How to save maps for offline on Findster Duo+
- How to access my pet's history using Findster Duo+
- How to find my pet using the Radar on Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How to setup a GPS Fence using Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How do I share my pet’s location and activity using Findster Duo+