My Findster Duo+ module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
If one of your Findster Duo+ modules is unresponsive / doesn't charge, please follow the procedure below:
- Use a toothbrush and alcohol to clean both the modules and the charger's pogo pins, effectively removing any dirt or residue.
- Try a different USB cable.
- Try a different charging adapter, with a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V (if the modules blink amber and green alternately, it's because you're using an unsupported charging adapter).
- Let the module charge for 3 hours (doesn't matter what color flashes) and see if it gets back to normal.
- Reset your modules by following this videotutorial.
If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Report requested by support agent, and provide this information:
- LED color when you press the button of the module when it's on.
- LED color when you press the button for at least 15 seconds.
- LED color when you hold the module and press it against the charger for at least 15 seconds.
- If you apply a bit of pressure directly to the pogo pins of the module using a toothpick, are they firmly in place or are they loose? In any case, please send us a picture of the pogo pins of the module (make sure it's not blurry).
- Can you depress the button of the module properly or do you feel it's kind of stuck? In case it's stuck, please send us a picture of it.
- Was the module in contact with water? Please tell us how deep and how long it stood like that.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones for Findster Duo+
- I cannot pair a Findster Duo+ module
- My Findster Duo+ Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- My Findster Duo+ map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading for Findster Duo+
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's position is taking too long to update
- My Findster Duo+ module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on my Findster Duo+ Pet module
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone
Have more questions? Contact Us