Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
If one of your modules is unresponsive / doesn't charge, please follow our reset procedure (video below):
- Clean the pogo pins with a dry cloth, both on the modules and on the charger, and use a pointy object to lightly scratch the pogopins, in order to effectively clean any dirt or residue.
- Plug the module into the charger for 5 seconds.
- While you're holding both units, press the module's button for 5 seconds - do not disconnect it from the charger in the meantime!
- After this period, please remove the module from the charger while keep pressing its button.
- A second later after unplugging it, please stop holding its button.
- After 20 seconds, the module show be fully functional and ready to be recharged.
- In case this doesn't work, please let the module charge for 3 hours (doesn't matter what color flashes) and see if it gets back to normal.
- When charging your modules, please be sure an amber light blinks while they're charging, and a solid green light flashes when they're fully charged. In case they blink amber and green alternately, that's because the charging source you're using has a low voltage - please note that this problem is unconnected to Findster. If you try a different source (different computer or smartphone charger, for example) that can charge your modules at a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V, your modules should recharge properly.
- If the problem persists after that, please send us a report through the Findster App with the following information:
- LED light color when you press the button of the module.
- LED light color when you press the button for at least 15 seconds.
- LED light color when you hold the module and press it against the charger for at least 15 seconds.
- Module's button - can you depress it properly or do you feel it's kind of stuck?
- In case the module got submerged on water, tell us how deep and how long it stood like that.
- Module's pogopins - please send us a picture of the pogopins of the module (make sure it's not blurry).
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast
Have more questions? Contact Us