If one of your modules is completely unresponsive, please follow this quick reset procedure.
- Plug the module into the charger for 5 seconds.
- While you're holding both units, press the module's button for 5 seconds - do not disconnect it from the charger in the meantime!
- After this period, please remove the module from the charger while keep pressing its button.
- A second later after unplugging it, please stop holding its button.
- After 20 seconds, the module show be fully functional and ready to be recharged.
- Ensure your module is in perfect contact with the charger ports. You may also clean the pogopins with a dry cloth, both on the module and on the charger.
- Try to charge two of your modules (let's call them A and B) in every charger port (let's call them X, Y and Z):
- If A can be charged in any port, while B cannot be charged in any port - there's an issue with B.
- If A and B can be charged in X and Y, but cannot be charged in Z - there's an issue with Z.
- Try an alternative USB cable. If none of your modules blink when connected with any of the charger ports when using the regular USB cable, but they blink when you try the alternative USB cable, it means the first USB cable is the problem.
If the problem is not solved after you've followed the procedure above, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- LED light color when you press the button of the module.
- LED light color when you press the button for at least 15 seconds.
- LED light color when you hold the module and press it against the charger for at least 15 seconds (like shown on this image).
- Module's button - can you depress it properly or do you feel it's kind of stuck?
- Module's pogopins - please send us a picture of the pogopins of the module.
- In case the module got submerged on water, tell us how deep and how long it stood like that.