My Findster Duo+ Pet's position is taking too long to update
The Findster Duo+ system takes 5-10 seconds to update each of your Pet modules' positions, as presented below:
- 1 Pet module - 5-10 seconds.
- 2 Pet modules - 10-20 seconds.
- 3 Pet modules - 15 - 30 seconds.
If they're taking more than these estimates, please do this:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- In case you're using an iPhone, please go to Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always".
- In case you're using an Android smartphone, please make sure the battery optimization is disabled for the Findster App.
- Restart your smartphone.
- Update the GPS data of your Pet module.
- If the updates are slow, that's either because the connection range or GPS accuracy are not good. Please note that both depend on the amount of obstacles of the environment you're in: very good range and GPS accuracy in open outdoor areas; low and GPS accuracy range in dense areas; not advisable the indoor use case. Check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the connection range and GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Pet is losing connection.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones for Findster Duo+
- I cannot pair a Findster Duo+ module
- My Findster Duo+ Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- My Findster Duo+ map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading for Findster Duo+
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's position is taking too long to update
- My Findster Duo+ module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on my Findster Duo+ Pet module
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone
Have more questions? Contact Us