The GPS data (EPO) of the Child modules should be updated regularly (ideally, every 15 days or less) in order for the modules to acquire a GPS signal as quickly as possible. Otherwise, the modules will still work, but they may take a little longer to obtain a position.
In order to update the EPO of the Child module follow these steps:
1. Download the Findster Toolbox (Windows 32bit, Windows 64bit or MacOS).
2. Open the Findster Toolbox.
3. Connect the USB charger to your computer.
4. Connect the Child module to the central port of the charger and wait for it to be recognized.
5. The Findster Toolbox will recognize the module. Access the "Findster" menu on the upper left corner of the screen (Mac) or on the upper right corner of the screen (Windows) and press "Update EPO".
6. Wait until the process is concluded (do not remove the module from the charger).
7. The Findster Toolbox will let you know that the process has been concluded (it will automatically close after a while). When this happens, you can disconnect the module.