The standard Findster Kids ecossystem consists of 1 Guardian module and 1 Child module, which you can use to track your child via the Playplace App on your smartphone.
How it works
Here's how the standard Findster Kids ecossystem works:
- The Child module has GPS, which will acquire a position by communicating with GPS satellites.
- The Child module sends its coordinates to the Guardian module via our proprietary MAZE technology - an innovative technology exclusively developed by Findster, which allows us to eliminate the need for a cellular connection to obtain the GPS coordinates (hence no monthly fees!). MAZE allows the modules to communicate within an obtainable range of up to 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) depending on the surrounding environment.
- The Guardian module serves as a gateway between the Child module and your smartphone. It resends the GPS data acquired by the Child module to your smartphone via Bluetooth - which means you should carry both the Guardian and the smartphone with you!
- You can track your child's location in real time using the Playplace App on your smartphone!
Please note that:
- While other GPS child trackers require cell coverage in order to communicate with your smartphone, Findster Kids doesn't - its MAZE technology eliminates this need, making it 100% free of monthly fees. Since it doesn't depend on telcos, Findster Kids also works everywhere in the world!
- You must have at least one Guardian module to be able to track a Child module. Both modules are necessary in order for the system to work.
- A single Guardian module can track up to 3 Child modules.
Type of communication / estimated range
Here's how the system communicates and the distances you should keep between the devices:
- Smartphone ↔️ Guardian: communication via Bluetooth, within 5/10 yards (5/10 meters).
- Guardian ↔️ Child: communication via MAZE technology, with an estimated range up to 1 mile (1.6 kilometers). However, please note that the surrounding environment can influence the range.
- No internet or cell coverage are needed to perform tracking.
▶ Useful articles: