10. Updating the Firmware of Guardian/Pet modules
The Firmware updating process is extremely important: it improves the overall performance of your Findster system and can even fix some minor issues you may have.
If you have a red dot over Profile in the Menu of the Findster App, that means a new version is available, so please follow these steps:
- Turn on the GPS, Bluetooth and internet on your smartphone.
- Turn on your modules, be sure they're not plugged into the charger and that are close to your smartphone during this process.
- Open the Findster App.
- Wait for your modules to connect. If this doesn't happen, please restart your modules and your smartphone.
- Go to Profile.
- Get into the Devices tab.
- Tap the respective module.
- Confirm you wish to update the Firmware of the module, in the window that will pop up.
- Wait until the updating process is completed.
- After updating the Firmware successfully, you can then use your Findster Duo+ again! Please don't forget that you should repeat this process for every module you have.
Stuck with blue light?
In case the Firmware update gets interrupted (for example, the module you were updating got too far away from your smartphone), the module will get a solid blue light and turn inactive. If this happens, please follow these instructions.
- 1. Unboxing Findster Duo+
- 2. Quick setup: pair and connect your modules 🎥
- 3. Charging Guardian and Pet modules
- 4. Turning on/off Guardian and Pet modules
- 5. Completing your Pet's profile
- 6. Attaching/removing the Pet module to/from a collar 🎥
- 7. The new Findster App: a brief walkthrough
- 8. How to track your pet using Findster Duo+
- 9. Understanding the LED light color of Guardian and Pet modules
- 10. Updating the Firmware of Guardian/Pet modules