Radar is pointing in the wrong direction
If you're having trouble obtaining an accurate position for your Pet module in the Radar, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Update the GPS data of your Pet module.
- In order to run the Radar feature, your smartphone most feature a compass or a magnetometer - you can search for your smartphone on GSM Arena and confirm if it includes one of those. Also, please note that the Radar accuracy depends very much on your smartphone compass/magnetometer precision.
- Use the Radar only when you're about 20 yards (20 meters) from the Pet module, so that the accuracy can't be affected by the average GPS error (5-10 ft / 1,5-3 m).
- Calibrate your smartphone's compass/magnetometer (check this videotutorial).
- Place your phone horizontally on the palm of your hand for maximum precision.
- Most of Android smartphones optimize their battery by putting the Bluetooth and GPS in a low consumption mode, which has a significant negative impact both in the connection range and GPS accuracy. Please disable this option by following these instructions.
- Do not use the Radar feature in a place with many/huge metallic objects nearby (for example, a garage full of tools), as they will have a high influence on your smartphone's compass/magnetometer precision.
- The GPS accuracy, that also influences the Radar, depends on the amount of obstacles of the environment you're in, because they can block the GPS signal broadcasted by satellites, as it happens with any device that features a GPS: very good accuracy in open outdoor areas; low accuracy in dense areas; not advisable the indoor use case, as its position will start "jumping" in the Map. Check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast
Have more questions? Contact Us