My Findster Duo+ Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
If you're having trouble obtaining an accurate position for your Findster Duo+ Pet module or if it is consistently reporting wrong locations, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Update the GPS data of your Pet module.
- As stated in the Official GPS Website, the accuracy will be high in open outdoor areas, in which the Pet module is in line of sight with the GPS satellites. Otherwise, your pet can be tracked in wrong positions: dense areas, with many buildings/trees around; cloudy wheather; tracking a pet while they're indoors is not possible; using the Guardian indoors as a home basestation even if the pet is outside is also not covered. Please check our article about connection range and GPS accuracy, that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- Be sure you've tapped in the "Start walking" button, otherwise you'll only be tracking your pet's activity, but not their position.
- Do not kill the Findster App while you're using your Findster kit, otherwise the connection will drop. Instead, let the app run on foreground or background.
- In case you're using an iPhone, please go to Settings ▶ Privacy ▶ Location Services ▶ make sure that Location Services are on ▶ scroll down to find the Findster App ▶ tap the app and select the option "Always".
- Android smartphones optimize their battery by putting the Bluetooth and GPS in a low consumption mode, which has a significant negative impact both in the connection range and GPS accuracy. Please disable this option by following these instructions.
- If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Wrong activity data.
Please note that only the Pet module includes GPS. Your own position is given by your smartphone's GPS (and not the Guardian module, which does not have GPS), so if it is inaccurate, unfortunately your smartphone is at fault.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones for Findster Duo+
- I cannot pair a Findster Duo+ module
- My Findster Duo+ Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- My Findster Duo+ map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading for Findster Duo+
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's position is taking too long to update
- My Findster Duo+ module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on my Findster Duo+ Pet module
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone