My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
If you're having trouble obtaining an accurate position for your Pet module or if it is consistently reporting wrong locations, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Update the GPS data of your Pet module.
- Be sure Live Tracking is on (here's how to switch it on/off), otherwise your pet's position can't be tracked.
- Be sure your modules are not plugged into the charger, or they'll automatically shut down both the GPS and the connection.
- Do not kill the Findster App while you're using your Findster kit, otherwise the connection will drop. Instead, let the app run on foreground or background.
- Most of Android smartphones optimize their battery by putting the Bluetooth and GPS in a low consumption mode, which has a significant negative impact both in the connection range and GPS accuracy. Please disable this option by following these instructions.
- As stated in the Official GPS Website, the GPS accuracy depends on the amount of obstacles of the environment you're in, because they can block the GPS signal broadcasted by satellites, as it happens with any device that features a GPS: very good accuracy in open outdoor areas; low range in dense areas and under cloudy weather; not advisable the indoor use case, as its position will start "jumping" in the Map. Our article about connection range and GPS accuracy clearly explains this and tells you the GPS accuracy you should expect for your use case.
- If the problem persists, please send us a report.
Please note that only the Pet module includes GPS. Your own position is given by your smartphone's GPS (and not the Guardian module, which does not have GPS), so if it is inaccurate, unfortunately your smartphone is at fault.
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast