Battery life is draining too fast on my Findster Duo+ Pet module
While the Findster Duo+ Guardian lasts for more than 24 hours, while the Pet's battery lasts up to 12 hours (in walking mode) and up to 7 days (when you're not in walking mode). If the Pet module is not reaching these battery levels, please follow the procedure below:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Be sure you turn off your modules when you stop using them, by pressing their button until a red light flashes three times.
- If the average temperature is not around the temperature range we provide (about 77º F / 25º C), the battery life of the Pet may decrease and, in some extreme cases, it may also compromise the performance of the system.
- If your Pet module can't reach a full charge after 2 hours or if it doesn't charge at all, please do this:
- Use a toothbrush and alcohol to clean both the modules and the charger's pogo pins, effectively removing any dirt or residue.
- Try a different USB cable.
- In case the modules blink amber and green alternately, it's because you're using an unsupported charging adapter. Please try a different charging adapter, with a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V; as an alternative, please recharge one module at a time.
- Let the module charge for 3 hours (doesn't matter what color flashes) and see if it gets back to normal.
If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Report requested by support agent, and provide the following information:
- Battery life of the Pet module (in hours).
- Attach a short video in which you do the following: plug the Pet module into the charger, let it be there for 10 seconds, and then plug a second module to the charger (doesn't matter if it is the Guardian or a second Pet) and let them be there for 10 seconds as well - make sure we're able to check the LED colors of the modules while you do this.
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones for Findster Duo+
- I cannot pair a Findster Duo+ module
- My Findster Duo+ Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- My Findster Duo+ map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading for Findster Duo+
- My Findster Duo+ Pet's position is taking too long to update
- My Findster Duo+ module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on my Findster Duo+ Pet module
- The Findster App is draining a lot of battery from my smartphone