Battery life is draining too fast on Pet modules
While the Guardian lasts for more than 24 hours, while the Pet's battery lasts up to 12 hours (in walking mode) and up to 7 days (when you're not in walking mode). If the Pet module is not reaching these battery levels, please follow the procedure below:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Be sure you turn off your modules when you stop using them, by pressing their button until a red light flashes three times.
- If the average temperature is not around the temperature range we provide (about 77º F / 25º C), the battery life of the Pet may decrease and, in some extreme cases, it may also compromise the performance of the system.
- If your Pet module can't reach a full charge after 2 hours or if it doesn't charge at all, please do this:
- Use a toothbrush and alcohol to clean both the modules and the charger's pogo pins, effectively removing any dirt or residue.
- Try a different USB cable.
- In case the modules blink amber and green alternately, it's because you're using an unsupported charging adapter. Please try a different charging adapter, with a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V; as an alternative, please recharge one module at a time.
- Let the module charge for 3 hours (doesn't matter what color flashes) and see if it gets back to normal.
If the problem persists, please go to Menu ▶ Feedback ▶ Report a problem ▶ Report requested by support agent, and provide the following information:
- Battery life of the Pet module (in hours).
- Attach a short video in which you do the following: plug the Pet module into the charger, let it be there for 10 seconds, and then plug a second module to the charger (doesn't matter if it is the Guardian or a second Pet) and let them be there for 10 seconds as well - make sure we're able to check the LED colors of the modules while you do this.
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast on Pet modules