Battery life is draining too fast
The battery life of Pet modules lasts up up to 12 hours (Live Tracking on) and up to 7 days (Live Tracking off). Since Findster Duo+ is the only GPS pet tracker to allow true real-time GPS tracking, it produces more positional updates than every other GPS pet tracker available. Consequently, the battery of the modules will also drain faster than other devices, which produce less (and less accurate) location updates.
However, if the battery life of your Pet module is lasting less than 12 hours, please follow these steps:
- Update the Findster App on your smartphone.
- Update the Firmware of your modules.
- Be sure you shut down your modules (pressing their button for 5 seconds until a red light flashes three times) when you stop using them.
- Be sure you've been using your modules in the Live Tracking mode you've selected (instructions on how to switch between modes).
- When charging your modules, please be sure an amber light blinks while they're charging, and a solid green light flashes when they're fully charged. In case they blink amber and green alternately, that's because the charging source you're using has a low voltage - please note that this problem is unconnected to Findster. If you try a different source (different computer or smartphone charger, for example) that can charge your modules at a minimum current of 1A and with a constant voltage of 5V, your modules should recharge properly.
- If the problem persists, please send us a report.
- Contact Findster to report a bug/problem
- Disabling battery optimization on Android smartphones
- I cannot pair the Guardian/Pet module
- My Guardian/Pet module has lost connection
- My Pet's GPS position is not accurate in the Map
- Map is blurry/outdated in my area
- Offline map is not loading
- My Pet's position is taking too long to update
- Module is unresponsive / doesn't charge
- Battery life is draining too fast