The Findster App allows you to save maps for offline use, so you can use Findster Duo+ without being connected to the internet.
Some smartphones automatically clean their cache memory, in which the maps generated by Mapbox are saved. Since the Findster App integrates those maps, they won't load unless you're connected to the internet. To avoid this, you can manually select portions of the map to be stored on your smartphone, making sure an internet connection is not needed to use your Findster Duo+. Usually, pet parents save their town maps and also maps of parks outside the city where they frequently take their pets.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the Findster App.
- Open the Menu.
- Tap Profile.
- In the Map section, tap Offline Regions.
- Tap the + button.
- Select the portion of the map you'd like to save.
- Press Save in the top right corner.
- Enter a name for the region.
- Wait for the download to be completed.
- When the download is complete, you'll be able to use this area when you're offline!