How to save maps for offline on Findster Duo+
The Findster App allows you to save maps for offline use, so you can use Findster Duo+ without being connected to the internet. Some smartphones automatically clean their cache memory, in which the maps generated by Mapbox are saved, and since the Findster App integrates those maps, they won't load unless you're connected to the internet. To avoid this, you can manually select portions of the map to be stored on your smartphone, making sure an internet connection is not needed to use your Findster Duo+.
Here's how to do it:
- Open the Findster App.
- Open the Menu.
- Tap Profile.
- In the Map section, tap Offline Regions.
- Tap the + button.
- Select the portion of the map you'd like to save.
- Press Save in the top right corner.
- Enter a name for the region.
- Wait for the download to be completed.
- When the download is complete, you'll be able to use this area when you're offline!
Please note that the more you zoom out a certain area, the more you'll be able to zoom in after downloading the map - ie, if you download your neighborhood you'll only be able to view it, but if you download New York's map you'll be able to zoom into any street in the city. However, after a certain point, the more you zoom out the less detail the map will have - ie if you download all of Texas, you won't be able to zoom in as far as you'd like. In some cases, the map can even disappear from the app (black screen), depending on how much are you zooming in or out the area you've downloaded.
- The connection range and GPS accuracy I should expect for Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How to update the GPS data on Findster Duo+
- How to change the map type for Findster Duo+
- How to save maps for offline on Findster Duo+
- How to access my pet's history using Findster Duo+
- How to find my pet using the Radar on Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How to setup a GPS Fence using Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How do I share my pet’s location and activity using Findster Duo+