How to find my pet using the Radar on Findster Duo+ 🎥
When using Findster Duo+, the Radar feature in the Findster App will point you to the direction where your pet is and guide you right to its location.
In order to use the Radar, please follow these steps and best practices:
- In case you're using an Android smartphone, please make sure the battery optimization is disabled for the Findster App.
- Open the Menu.
- Select Map.
- In the top right corner, switch to the Radar view; in case your smartphone doesn't feature either a compass or a magnetometer, you'll get a warning message telling you can't run the Radar. Prior to that, you can search for your smartphone on GSM Arena and confirm if it includes any of those.
- Get yourself about 20 yards (20 meters) from the Pet module, so that the GPS accuracy can't be affected by the surrounding environment.
- Avoid using the Radar in a place with many/huge metallic objects nearby (for example, a garage full of tools), as they will have a high influence on your smartphone's compass/magnetometer precision.
- Place your phone horizontally on the palm of your hand for maximum precision.
- Calibrate your smartphone's compass/magnetometer (check this videotutorial).
- The connection range and GPS accuracy I should expect for Findster Duo+
- How to update the GPS data on Findster Duo+
- How to change the map type for Findster Duo+
- How to save maps for offline on Findster Duo+
- How to access my pet's history using Findster Duo+
- How to find my pet using the Radar on Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How to setup a GPS Fence using Findster Duo+ 🎥
- How do I share my pet’s location and activity using Findster Duo+
Have more questions? Contact Us