Understanding how the connection range and the GPS accuracy work is absolutely crucial for the proper use of Findster Duo+! Both depend on the surrounding environment, and due to that they vary according to where you are and your use case.
GPS accuracy 🌎
We strongly advise you to visit the Official GPS Website, that clearly explains how the GPS technology works, not only for Findster but for any other device that uses GPS technology (like other GPS pet trackers and smartphones). Basically, the Official GPS Website states that GPS accuracy depends on the amount of obstacles between the GPS satellites and the device itself (which, in our case, is the Pet module). In sum, here are some key points stated in the above-mentioned website that will tell you the GPS accuracy you should expect for different use cases (this information influences the performance of regular Map tracking, Radar, History and GPS fences):
- Good GPS accuracy: open outdoor areas (beaches, national parks or urban squares).
- Bad GPS accuracy: very dense areas (impenetrable forests or very crowded urban environments, with a high amount of obstacles); cloudy weather; the indoor use case is not advisable.
Connection range 〰
As you must always keep the Guardian and your smartphone with you, when we talk about "Findster Duo+'s range" we're referring to the distance between the Guardian and the Pet module(s). As stated, the Guardian and the Pet module(s) are connected via MAZE - a proprietary communication technology developed by Findster - and their connection will be as strong as less obstacles exist between them:
- High connection range: up to 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) in open, outdoor environments.
- Low connection range: up to 0.5 miles (800 meters) in congested areas; the indoor use case is not advisable.
Here's how the system communicates and the range between the devices:
- Smartphone ↔️ Guardian: communication via Bluetooth, within 2 yards (2 meters). Therefore, you must always keep the Guardian and your smartphone very close to each other!
- Guardian ↔️ Pet: communication via MAZE technology, with an estimated range depending on the surrounding environment.