The GPS data (EPO - Extended Prediction Orbit) of each Pet should be updated ideally every 15 days (or less) so that the Pet(s) can acquire a GPS signal as quickly as possible. Otherwise, the Pet(s) will still work, but might take a little longer to obtain a position.
Note: the Guardian module does not have GPS, so it does not need GPS updates.
In order to update the GPS data of the Pet(s), follow these steps:
- Download/install the Findster Toolbox on your computer.
- Open the Findster Toolbox.
- Connect the USB charger to your computer, using the original USB cable of your Findster Duo kit.
- Plug the Pet to the charger and wait for it to be recognized (if it doesn't, please put the module upside down).
- Access the Findster menu on the upper left corner of the screen (Mac) or on the upper right corner of the screen (Windows) and press "Update EPO".
- Wait until the process is concluded, without removing the module from the charger.
- The Findster Toolbox will let you know that the process has been concluded, by closing automatically after a while. When this happens, you can disconnect the module.
▶ Useful articles: