As you should know, the Findster Duo's range goes up to 2 miles / 3.2 kilometers. However, there are two ways to monitor your Pet remotely:
- "Sharing” feature
By using the "Sharing" feature, a friend of yours will be able to track a Pet you chose in real-time.
- Using a spare device (ex: remotely monitoring your pet at home when you're away)
- Use a spare smartphone (or even a tablet) to log into your regular Findster Duo account (make sure it's connected to the internet).
- Turn on the Guardian and Pet modules - they will automatically connect to the spare smartphone (this is possible because the modules are paired with your account, not with your smartphone). Make sure the modules weren't previously connected with any other device - if so, turn Bluetooth off on the device.
- Leave both the spare smartphone and the Guardian module at home. They should be placed outdoors (ideally) or next to a window. Place the Pet module on your pet's collar.
- When you're away, log into your regular Findster Duo account using your regular smartphone and connect it to the internet.
- You will now be able to check the Pet's position and other data on your smartphone!